Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tuscany Pines Update

O.K., I just couldn't leave this one alone. What the fuck is with that stupid T.V. ad that the good folks over at Tuscany Pines are running? My Great and Gracious God Almighty in heavan above, that's gotta be the stupidest ad I've ever seen...or heard!

Some fembot with a fake Italian accent is trying to push those fucking fecal fortresses in that little slice of Tuscany, er...dirtpile, in the middle of Bend, Oregon. Oh, and I take that back. It's not fecal fortresses, it's fortress, as in singular. At least from what I can tell by the pics, it looks like in the last year or so, only one townhome and a clubhouse have actually been built there. Makes for a great neighborhood for the kiddies. "Hey Johnny and Suzy, why don't you two go out and ride bikes with the sage rats?"

I'm just guessing that Z21 produced the spot, which surprises me. Usually I can stomach most of the stuff they create. But this one, it's just plain stupid.

If I'm correct, some guy name Trono (a U.C. Berserkeley grad no less) has taken over for the illustrious Cate Cushman, and man is he making it tempting to go down and buy five or six of these little gems. Only $400K with $0 down.* Of course the little asterisk leads you to the caveat--*(based on availability). Yes, you'd better hurry!

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

I haven't seen this yet. I know when I wanted to do Star Trek voices on a Bendbroadband commercial, they had some weird strangly voice instead.

(Couldn't they find anyone to do Kirk?)

More money after bad.